Options for Students Who Have Been Sexually Assaulted
Any student who is sexually assaulted is strongly encouraged to seek help either from resources available through the College or from outside sources. The following is a short list of options available to students seeking help at 布林莫尔. More detailed information about each option is provided below. 你可以:
- 联系 bbin娱乐大全 健康中心 (610-526-7360) to receive medical care, speak to a counselor, and/or discuss other options. Conversations with 健康中心 and Counseling staff are confidential no individual details or reports may be shared without your written consent.
- 去 布林莫尔医院 (南布林莫尔大街130号, 布林莫尔, PA 19010) to receive a medical examination, which is admissible in court as evidence of an assault.
- 调用 布林莫尔大学校园安全 (x7911, 911 in emergencies) to arrange for transportation to the 健康中心 or to 布林莫尔医院, and/or to report that a sexual assault has taken place.
- 联系 Bi-Co 第九条 Coordinator, Kimberly Taylor: email@example.com or 610-526-7863, to report that a sexual assault has taken place and to initiate the College’s investigation.
- 联系你的 迪安 (610-526-5375) or speak with your Hall Adviser (HA); 迪安s, 有, Athletics coaches and 院长办公室 staff members are required to report incidents to the 第九条 Coordinator.
- 调用 下梅里恩镇警察 (610-642-4200) to arrange transportation to 布林莫尔医院, to report a sexual assault or to request emergency medical assistance.
You are strongly encouraged to receive medical care after an assault. Because sexual assault can be physically and emotionally traumatic, you may 不 know whether or 不 you have been injured. Medical personnel at the 健康中心 or the hospital can answer questions you may have about health concerns. A follow-up exam is recommended to retest for pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and to be sure that no other injuries were sustained during the assault.
The on-campus Health and Wellness Center is able to counsel you on your options for medical care after an assault. An examination done at the Health and Wellness Center is 不 the same as a rape kit and is 不 admissible in court as evidence that an assault has taken place. If you think you may wish to press charges at any time, the 健康中心 personnel will recommend that you go to 布林莫尔医院, where medical evidence can be preserved for the police.
The 健康中心 is able to check for internal injuries, test for pregnancy and STDs and provide someone with whom you can talk. The 健康中心 can also provide information and testing for HIV (HIV testing at the 健康中心 is confidential). The Health and Wellness Center can provide medication to help prevent STDs. 除了, emergency contraception is available to prevent pregnancy if you go to the 健康中心 within 72 hours of the assault. The 健康中心 will keep all information confidential; the assault will 不 be reported to the police, 校园安全, parents or other College personnel without your permission. If it is determined that you or a不her member of the College community is in danger, necessary information will be released to the appropriate administrators and every effort will be made to protect your identity. The 健康中心 can assist you in finding any medical or emotional support that you need, including counseling on- or off-campus.
布林莫尔医院 is able to provide medical services that fulfill legal standards of evidence—a “rape- kit” examination. The rape-kit examination preserves medical evidence that can be used in court. Having a rape kit done does 不 require you to press charges. It merely gathers evidence should you wish to prosecute at some time. It is recommended that you do 不 shower, 洗澡, douche or change clothes if you want to preserve evidence. You may want to bring a change of clothes to the hospital in case your clothing is needed by the police. 布林莫尔医院 will test for pregnancy and STDs, 提供预防性传播疾病的药物, and prescribe emergency contraception. The hospital is required to 不ify the police that a sexual assault may have occurred.